Discover your career at Karpinski Engineering
Join a team of problem-solvers and relationship builders. Be part of a culture of technical excellence and dedicated client service.
At Karpinski Engineering, we provide clients with building engineering and related services, focusing on the healthcare, education, and commercial markets. Our teams work on one-of-a-kind projects for premier institutions and local communities. They solve clients' toughest building engineering challenges. Their work makes a lasting impact on people's lives.
Experienced Technical Professionals
In addition to the priority openings listed below, we welcome applications from experienced technical professionals whose background aligns with our services and core markets.
We look for individuals who, in addition to their technical expertise:
- Consistently deliver on their commitments to clients and colleagues
- Communicate clearly and effectively, to help the entire team succeed
- Continually advance their knowledge and help those around them grow
- Bring passion and energy to their area of technical expertise
- For senior-level engineers: Have the capacity and desire to lead teams and mentor junior staff
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter using the upload menu on the left. Select "General" in the dropdown menu. Please combine documents into one file.
- Resume: Summarize your areas of expertise, professional experience and accomplishments, professional licenses/industry certifications, and preferred office location.
- Cover letter: Tell us about yourself, describing some of your key accomplishments and core skills.
Civil Project Engineer / Senior Civil Project Engineer
As a Civil Project Engineer or Senior Civil Project Engineer, you have the opportunity to lead project design, cultivate client relationships, and grow as an engineer and leader.
You’ll take the initiative on project design and coordination, keeping your projects on track from start to finish. You’ll develop strong relationships with your colleagues both in and out of the office, collaborating with them to deliver projects that help our clients succeed. You’ll receive mentoring and pursue professional development so that you can advance as an engineer, client advocate, and leader. This position is designed for growth and may lead to additional opportunities in project management and business development.
Karpinski offers excellent benefits and a flexible work schedule in a supportive environment. Your job title (Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer) will be determined by your experience level.
• Lead civil engineering design and coordination through the lifecycle of a project. Develop design concepts, drawings, engineering calculations, system/site layouts, specifications, and probable cost estimates. Provide overall project coordination through construction completion.
• Collaborate with project teams to meet your client’s performance, schedule, and financial goals.
• Advocate for your clients by presenting design options, proposing solutions, resolving issues, and advising on best practices
• Represent Karpinski at project meetings and serve as a liaison to your clients
• 5-10 years minimum experience in site development
• Technical expertise in site layout, grading, utility design, storm water management (including low impact development strategies), and storm water pollution prevention plan development
• Track record of putting together clear and complete sets of plans
• Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Familiarity with ODOT standards
• Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in a professional team environment, and responsive to both internal and external clients
• Registered Ohio Professional Engineer
• LEED Accredited Professional
• Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment ControlTM
• Project management experience
• Experience with municipal engineering on roadway and utility improvements
How to apply: Use the file uploader in the left-hand column to submit your cover letter and resume. They can be combined into one file.