Discover your career at Karpinski Engineering
Join a team of problem-solvers and relationship builders. Be part of a culture of technical excellence and dedicated client service.
At Karpinski Engineering, we provide clients with building engineering and related services, focusing on the healthcare, education, and commercial markets. Our teams work on one-of-a-kind projects for premier institutions and local communities. They solve clients' toughest building engineering challenges. Their work makes a lasting impact on people's lives.
Experienced Technical Professionals
In addition to the priority openings listed below, we welcome applications from experienced technical professionals whose background aligns with our services and core markets.
We look for individuals who, in addition to their technical expertise:
- Consistently deliver on their commitments to clients and colleagues
- Communicate clearly and effectively, to help the entire team succeed
- Continually advance their knowledge and help those around them grow
- Bring passion and energy to their area of technical expertise
- For senior-level engineers: Have the capacity and desire to lead teams and mentor junior staff
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter using the upload menu on the left. Select "General" in the dropdown menu. Please combine documents into one file.
- Resume: Summarize your areas of expertise, professional experience and accomplishments, professional licenses/industry certifications, and preferred office location.
- Cover letter: Tell us about yourself, describing some of your key accomplishments and core skills.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
Project Management Coordinator
The Project Management Coordinator plays a key role in supporting Karpinski Engineering’s project management and production activities.
Karpinski Engineering produces more than 600 projects per year, which are managed by project managers in the firm’s five offices. Projects are shared among all offices, and ongoing coordination is required to manage the process. As Karpinski Engineering continues to grow, our use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools has become important to maintaining an effective work environment.
As Project Management Coordinator, your work supports company-wide goals related to customer satisfaction, growth, and quality. You’ll help project managers to track project milestones, coordinate staffing, and use ERP software for project planning. You’ll work with people across the organization, training them on production processes and tools. You’ll have the opportunity to bring innovation to the production process, by improving how the company uses ERP and other efficiency tools.
The Project Management Coordinator is supervised by the Principals.
Project Management Coordination
• Work with project managers (PMs) and production staff to track and meet project milestones
• Work with PMs to use company ERP software for project planning
• Lead weekly due date meetings and maintain master list of active projects
• Lead weekly staffing meetings and coordinate staff availability with staffing requests
• Create project startups
• Provide monthly production and staff utilization reports to senior management
Project Production Support
• Manage specification editing software, working with department leaders to keep content up-to-date
• Edit and format project specifications as needed
• Manage specification and code libraries with the support of department leaders
• Use and maintain industry-specific programs for project management and specification creation. Pursue opportunities to improve the production process through a more effective and innovative use of these programs.
• Train staff on production processes and tools; conduct periodic updates and refresher workshops; and develop user manuals.
• Provide miscellaneous administrative support (production of fee proposals, studies, reports, narratives, specifications, etc.) as needed
• Provide backup, in the absence of administrative staff, as needed
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (major or focus in project management, business, Lean systems, or related)
• 0-3 years of experience
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with ERP software and/or E-Specs (industry based specification editing tool) preferred.
• Interest in the design and construction industry. Though industry experience is preferred, it is not required.
• Comfortable working in a team environment and with people on a daily basis
• Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of project management processes
• Self-motivated. Able to establish priorities, make a plan to achieve, and carry out the plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Use the file uploader in the left-hand column to submit your cover letter and resume. They can be combined into one file.