Discover your career at Karpinski Engineering
Join a team of problem-solvers and relationship builders. Be part of a culture of technical excellence and dedicated client service.
At Karpinski Engineering, we provide clients with building engineering and related services, focusing on the healthcare, education, and commercial markets. Our teams work on one-of-a-kind projects for premier institutions and local communities. They solve clients' toughest building engineering challenges. Their work makes a lasting impact on people's lives.
Experienced Technical Professionals
In addition to the priority openings listed below, we welcome applications from experienced technical professionals whose background aligns with our services and core markets.
We look for individuals who, in addition to their technical expertise:
- Consistently deliver on their commitments to clients and colleagues
- Communicate clearly and effectively, to help the entire team succeed
- Continually advance their knowledge and help those around them grow
- Bring passion and energy to their area of technical expertise
- For senior-level engineers: Have the capacity and desire to lead teams and mentor junior staff
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter using the upload menu on the left. Select "General" in the dropdown menu. Please combine documents into one file.
- Resume: Summarize your areas of expertise, professional experience and accomplishments, professional licenses/industry certifications, and preferred office location.
- Cover letter: Tell us about yourself, describing some of your key accomplishments and core skills.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Project Engineer, Energy
A successful candidate will:
• Assist in the design of mechanical systems for healthcare facilities, commercial/financial buildings, hospitality facilities, and educational institutions as it relates to the energy efficiency component of the project
• Lead and manage Level 1, 2, and 3 Energy Audits for the above listed facilities
• Lead and manage energy retro-commissioning and retrofit projects
• Perform measurement and verification commissioning as it relates to LEED-certified buildings
• Develop criteria scopes of work for energy projects
• Develop energy simulation models and/or bin-based energy calculations for new and existing buildings
• Perform Life Cycle Cost Analysis calculations for potential energy projects
• Help maintain company standards as it relates to building energy requirements.
• At minimum 5-10 years of related work experience
• Degree in engineering, physics or other quantitative science
• Extensive knowledge of building science and energy modeling for both new construction and existing facilities
• PE registration strongly preferred
• Strong interest for sustainability
• Working knowledge of building/energy standards and codes, particularly ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 62.1 and IPMVP
• CEM, BEAP, BEMP, CPMP, LEED AP appreciated
Additional responsibilities include the supervision of engineers on their team. Good client, communication, and teaming skills are a requirement. This is a position of significant responsibility.