Discover your career at Karpinski Engineering
Join a team of problem-solvers and relationship builders. Be part of a culture of technical excellence and dedicated client service.
At Karpinski Engineering, we provide clients with building engineering and related services, focusing on the healthcare, education, and commercial markets. Our teams work on one-of-a-kind projects for premier institutions and local communities. They solve clients' toughest building engineering challenges. Their work makes a lasting impact on people's lives.
Experienced Technical Professionals
In addition to the priority openings listed below, we welcome applications from experienced technical professionals whose background aligns with our services and core markets.
We look for individuals who, in addition to their technical expertise:
- Consistently deliver on their commitments to clients and colleagues
- Communicate clearly and effectively, to help the entire team succeed
- Continually advance their knowledge and help those around them grow
- Bring passion and energy to their area of technical expertise
- For senior-level engineers: Have the capacity and desire to lead teams and mentor junior staff
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter using the upload menu on the left. Select "General" in the dropdown menu. Please combine documents into one file.
- Resume: Summarize your areas of expertise, professional experience and accomplishments, professional licenses/industry certifications, and preferred office location.
- Cover letter: Tell us about yourself, describing some of your key accomplishments and core skills.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
Senior Project Engineer, Electrical
Solve people’s toughest building engineering challenges. Work with premier institutions and local communities on one-of-a-kind projects, large and small, that make a lasting impact on people’s lives.
As a successful senior electrical project engineer, you will:
• Lead engineering design through the lifecycle of building projects, for markets including healthcare, education, and corporate
• Create efficient, reliable, and thoughtful electrical system designs that align with your clients’ project objectives
• Develop strong relationships with your colleagues both in and out of the office, collaborating with them to deliver designs that help your clients succeed
• Advocate for your clients by presenting design options, proposing solutions, resolving issues, and advising on best practices
• Mentor junior engineers, helping them to grow technically and professionally as they work on design projects
• Receive mentoring and pursue professional development so that you can advance as an engineer, client advocate, and leader
• Lead electrical engineering design (including power distribution, lighting, and fire alarm) through the lifecycle of a building project. Tasks include design, system calculations, equipment selection, layouts, construction documents, project specifications, probable cost estimates, site visits, project coordination, and construction administration.
• Collaborate with project team to meet the client’s performance, schedule, aesthetic, and financial goals.
• Conduct system evaluations, produce technical reports, and support colleagues with technical review of their projects.
• Submit project fees and meet project financial goals.
• Mentor junior electrical engineers – assign work, track progress, provide feedback
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited college
• 5+ years of experience in the building engineering industry
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
• Knowledgeable about National Electrical Code
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in a team environment
• Responsive to both internal and external clients
• Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
• Registered Professional Engineer or passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
• Experience with engineering design for healthcare and higher education clients
• Experience with alternative project delivery methods
How to apply: Use the file uploader in the left-hand column to submit your cover letter and resume. They can be combined into one file.