KE Chairman M. James Karpinski ("Karp") was master of ceremonies at the September 24 Great Lakes Historical Society groundbreaking ceremony for its new National Museum of the Great Lakes on Toledo’s eastern riverfront.
As the Historical Society’s chairman of the board for the past three and a half years, Karp has also been actively involved on the planning committee for this $10-million project since its inception 10 years ago.
The Museum will be twice the size of the venue it has occupied in Vermilion since 1953, including a new home for the museum freighter – Col. James S. Schoonmaker – and a nearby maritime park. Work will continue this fall and next spring, and exhibits will be installed at the end of summer 2013.
Plan design by Hilferty & Associates
No comments posted/published.